Please help stop this woman working

Started by Cielos, July 22, 2014, 13:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

zilnor

Sympathies with you and your family Byrney. I have had dealings with S S regarding my mum. My brother and I had to shout very very loudly to ensure that she got the care she was entitled to. It worked out well in the end, but if you don't make a fuss you get nowhere.
Good luck.  Liz  :wave

Cielos

Byrney you have my sympathies and we are going through a similar thing to you = trouble is litigation goes on for ages and is expensive = they have time on their side :head :head :head

byrney

Let this be a sad but salutory warning to us all.

If you have an elderly or other vulnerable person in the"care" of Social Services,  PLEASE make personally sure that they are actually receiving the care which has been agreed.

Unlike us, do not be taken in by any written "Multi-agency Care Agreement" which you believe is in place for your loved one.

Distressingly, we only found out two weeks ago that "someone" within SS has arbitrarily almost halved the care package agreed 5 years ago for my 96 year old dementia-suffering Mother-in-law who lives alone In sheltered accommodation.

I cannot say more as we are in the process of sorting out the problem and it may well lead to some form of litigation.

My opinion of Social Services is off the bottom of the scale.

Please be wary.

Cielos

Thanks for replies - please just send a quick email to the NMC address (provided in my OP) to let them know that people don't want this woman to resume work.

How they can say that they are investigating this and she is only suspended, I don't know - she was caught on camera and found guilty in court FFS :head :head

Please write - if you have an elderly/vulnerable relative or friend, this could happen to you

Lizzie1201

What a disgusting human being!!!!
If that was my mum that she had treated like that I would Happily be serving a prison
sentence in Holloway right now, and it would be a long sentence because she be able to
do it again.
These sort of animals make me sick.
Liz

zilnor

What a dreadful person. All very worrying for everyone who has an elderly relative in a care home. My mum, aged 94, has been in a rest home for a year, but she has all her marbles. My brother visits her once a week and I visit once a month. I wish I was nearer so I could visit more often. But my brother has eagle eyes and is on constant watch out. That said, I am sure that the staff are kind and caring.

Cielos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2688531/Carer-secretly-filmed-abusing-92-year-old-dementia-patient-telling-shut-mouth-poking-face-jail-just-weeks.html

If you want to help stop this woman resuming work in this field and possibly going on to again abuse a vulnerable person, please make clear your feelings to the Nursing Midwifery Council, who currently have her on suspension but have not at the moment banned her from working as a nurse - despite her being found guilty and being sent to prison (for a laughably short sentence) the NMC are going to "investigate".

This was the reply I recently got from the NMC:

As the investigation is still ongoing, I cannot comment on what the outcome will be however due to the gravity of the situation, Ms Bello is currently under an interim suspension order which will prevent her from working as a registered nurse.

Yours sincerely

Rebecca English

UK Registrations Officer

020 7333 9333 (Registrations Centre)

Please add your objections and write to this email address:
UKenquiries@nmc-uk.org