UK economy

Started by webejamin, July 24, 2014, 14:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Well to be fair the uk is still a trill pounds out of bed,with high levels of personl debt,but it has pulled around since the currency was junked in 2009,wich is why buyers are buying into uk pounds also with the intrest rates looming its and relativ poltitical stability its seen as a safe home for yer brass,we might see a 1.30 exchange rate once bank rates go up,then the only worry for the x pats is if doc mark de values to make UK  exports cheaper............ hey ho spin the economic wheel,can anybody rember the 169.5 pound euro exchange and the .36p tubo ....... happy days   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Quote from: johnhc on July 24, 2014, 20:01:19 PM
Tesco in a bit of schtuck? £3.8 BILLION profit last financial year.  Some schtuck!  Wish I was in it with them.
Tetley is right. It's in every pensioners interest that the UK economy does well and the pound continues to strengthen against the euro.
Just going by the last boss of Tesco when he jacked it in the other day, saying, "Fings aint wot they seem" I wouldn't mind a little share either  :tiphat:

johnhc

Tesco in a bit of schtuck? £3.8 BILLION profit last financial year.  Some schtuck!  Wish I was in it with them.
Tetley is right. It's in every pensioners interest that the UK economy does well and the pound continues to strengthen against the euro.

zilnor

As usual,  our Tets makes valid points  :clap: assuming that the majority of Brits in Spain are pensioners, then of course they are affected by what goes on in UK, unless they have all got Swiss bank accounts ! , Ha Ha.

27 here in Burton again Webe, amazing weather for the Midlands. I'm indoors had 30 mins in the sun and then had to go inside. Don't know how he survived seven full years in Spain ! We 're having big fat trout this evening on the barbie, with yet another large glass or two. Must admit to missing the pool, but you can't have it all. :wave

webejamin

Quote from: Norm2 on July 24, 2014, 15:32:55 PM
Most people here in Spain have better things to do than talk about Tesco's. Let's stick to more interesting posts like the state of the weather.   :tiphat:
Fanks Norm2 :tiphat: like I said, most aint interested, but it's a bit cooler here, only 27c  ++= today, glad someone likes the weather report ;D

Tetley

Jammin there is no Brit here uneffected by the UK,some may think they are but the bottom line is,if your connected to UK  pounds thats yer UK  umbilical cord.

when im in the UK  i carnt belive the amount of newish cars,the packed roads,the stacked out with punters shopping,then when you delve a bit further...the UK  has the second biggest personal debt in the world Japan having the highest.

then the next chestnett 67% of wages are eaten up with various direct & indirect taxes,wich probably explains why people are having it now and attempting to pay later.

intrest rates,intresting again,my theory is the banks assett to loan racio,s are still off the wall,with the government stress testing high street banks  ,i think there drawing everybody in now to buy homes at inflated prices to make the banking system appear more solvent,however the bottom line is that realy people can olny afford to pay 4 times salery when borrowing,assuming they have full time work & salery for the 25 year term

its going to be intresting,wages arnt increasing,a lot of people are part time or zero hours cons,prices are increasing especial energy ,and folks are saying that there is even bigger government austerity messures on there way after 2015.

hey ho spin the wheel   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Norm2

Most people here in Spain have better things to do than talk about Tesco's. Let's stick to more interesting posts like the state of the weather.   :tiphat:

webejamin

I know most of you are not interested in the UK economy, but just an observation for those that are. The gov.uk are saying that we are deferently on the mend economy wise, but I've noticed quite a few price increases, this is in the London area. I don't usually take much notice when I'm traipsing round Tesco's coz the prices and deals have been the same for a long time, but just lately I notice that prices are creeping up and many deals are not on any more. Add to this the fact that Tesco are in a bit of shtuck, I wonder if the squeeze had gone pop. Tesco say they are going to build houses on land acquired to build more stores.
Another thing is the warnings over possible interest rate hikes, that could put some people into bother with their lender ( who would borrow so much that a 1 or 2% hike could break em) ??? 
Maybe some of you more hedumicated people can put me right if I'm getting the wrong vibes :tiphat: