Radio Control Helicopters

Started by pequod, August 11, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindyb

Yes,the club exists although all facilities excepting runway were destroyed in the flood 2 years ago.
Should be pointed out that the facilities are provided by H.O council and their requirement is that anyone flying at this site must be able to provide proof of flying insurance.

debs

I have friends who go to the one on the Urcal road one most Wednesday and Friday mornings

pequod

Thanks for all the help. I'll report back what I find.
Ed

Rod

There used to be model aircraft flying at the Garucha/Vera airfield, not sure now if they still do.

Garlicking

2.5 km along the Urcal road you will see a BBQ area on the left. Turn into the BBQ area continue past the BBQ and the flying club is right in front of you. Might be closed for August as I have not heard the planes for some time.

jimmybeen

Well it's a good site well set up and Sunday morning is usually the best time to visit, couple of years old but watch this   http://youtu.be/dWmdXUVGZb4   

Ps there are sites in Tabernas & Almeria that are also well set up

pequod

Thanks for the responses.
So if it is signposted, is it a permanent site - what will I find there?
Are there particular days where meets take place? Is it still Sunday mornings only?
Ed

jimmybeen

If you want to go along and have a look then take the N340a north out of Huercal Overa till you get to the Pulpi & San Juan turning A350 at this cross road take the left turn AL8103 to Urcal this road takes you under the motorway and half a mile on to the RC flight club site which is sign posted on the left.

Tetley

There was a model areo club in Hercual Overa had quite a large membership with sunday morning meets,could be worth popping in the town hall to ask.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

pequod

I'm not sure what forum this should be on but......
Is anyone in the Arboleas area interested in model radio control?
Any clubs in the area? Not slot car racing.
Thanks
Ed
Ed