No olives on trees !!

Started by lorca lad, September 23, 2014, 19:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougar

Hi,
Maybe the older trees have stopped producing and therfore why there are lots of olive wood for sale ???

lorca lad

Hi,

I have occasionally posted on here and have always received good information ...... I trust that members can help me again !!

I have about 20 olive trees ...... some are from when we first moved here (9 years ago) and some are younger (3 to 5 years).

All of the older trees have failed to produce olives for the last 2 years. The younger trees have lots of fruit this year.

I have sprayed all of the trees with "olive cotton bug" spray plus give them all a regular spray with Neem and a growth promoter.

They receive water regularly through an irrigation system and about once a month, a good flooding around the roots.

Does anyone have an idea why it is only the older trees that are failing to produce fruit. Obviously, we do like to take the olives to the local press and come away with a couple of litres of oil, but basically, we also like the green foliage around the garden, so wouldn´t want to take out the older trees.

Any help much appreciated

Regards
L.L.