Albox bypass

Started by glenholt, September 09, 2014, 11:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetidders

Yes the first sign is on the right before the turn, we saw it this morning & plenty of cars were still going past it & having to turn.  The sign says calle cortado (arrow pointing straight ahead) & Arboleas (arrow pointing left)  It is high up, not on the ground as some have been, unless of course it all gets changed again.

Jean
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

Tetley

I just hope car boot shutter man isnt on his way back ti Madrid from his hols at beech and is traveling on new  Arbi rounder bought  :o

last thing wi need this end is new road shutting because of dangerous occurencies befor our local dignetrys have cut opening  tape  and had a bit of champers & tapas   8)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: John P on September 17, 2014, 17:12:34 PM
I drove that route this afternoon. An HGV went straight on ahead of me. I said "I bet he's gone wrong!"
He turned around. Another HGV was ahead of him turning around.
The road has yellow temporary signs up. It clearly says: straight on "carretera cortado".
Most people get used to road layouts and their memory takes over, which is why there are often signs "New road layout ahead" well before the actual junctions.
It's complacent driving, which can lead to mistakes, which I have to admit to myself.

Exactly what we saw with the artics yesterday. But, both of those Carretera Cortado signs are past the turn off.

I didn't see any before the turn. They clearly aren't going to invest in signage. Of course the layout will soon change with the new 'slip' at the far end. Then, from Albox, they will have direct access to the old central road, ie: no more Via Servicio use needed.

I'd call it complacent Highway Engineering, if such a job even exists in Spain.

PuffTheMagicDragon

When someone has used a road many times, and they are so used to it, they can almost be on 'auto pilot'. Therefore when the road layout changes, they can easily get confused. So be careful, hang back and be patient, I expect it's happened to all of us at some time......
If we'd care to admit it  :whistle:

Puff

ianandsue

My wife keeps telling me that she wishes that she could be as perfect as me  :angel:  and never makes mistakes...

I have to admit I did make a mistake once .. I said that I was wrong, when in fact I was actually right..   ;)

Having said that I did have to drive around the roundabout twice yesterday as I was busy talking and not concentrating on the road  :-[

byrney

Thanks for that comforting post NAM.

I was thinking that it was time for me to hang up my leather driving gloves and flat cap.....

Not_Asking_Much

I do wonder if it's worth wasting any more time with the devil's advocates on here, BUT, coming from Albox for example, bearing in mind the default for all road signing is straight on, then Huércal Overa (to the left) does not in any way signify the autovia, or Arboleas, Zurgena, Lubrin etc, etc.

The concrete works turn should show Cul de Sac straight on (preferably large) and All Routes to the left. They've used an old roadsign and stuck sticky tape all over it.

My estimate today would be that 90% of traffic in that direction (for the half hour we observed) got it wrong and had to turn at the chapa/pintura junction. As you enter the service road they're forcing RH lane usage and then allowing split seconds to spot and recognise a misleading sign.

Feel free to keep telling us how 'yours is bigger than mine' though chaps. Don't wanna spoil it for you!  :yawn:

byrney

Interesting thought Penfold.  Take everybody off the roads who have ever in their entire driving career made a mistake, missed a signpost, gone the wrong way, gone a fraction over the speed limit etc - well, I think you'd have the roads to yourself!

byrney

Yes, and the artic drivers who also missed the signs are professional drivers dirving day in day out and not just on their weekly Mercadona/Dia run, so your comments would seem a little harsh on this occasion Penfold.

villegas

Dispite reading all the warnings on here, and having my wits about me, I still ended up at the barrier turning around with an arctic and other vehicles.
I didn't see the only sign until too late because of the lorry in front.

Sorry I'm obviously in the 'thicky' camp :lol:

Tetley

we went through to day,enjoyed the rounderboughts ( we went round 3 times the correct way and once the wrong way  ;D )

however the main disapointment for me is the lack of the new LED  traffic lights   :o ,hopefully some one will notice they need them during the snag sheeting   :)

O0
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jimmybeen

Quote from: Not_Asking_Much on September 16, 2014, 13:13:52 PM
Quote from: bobthelook on September 16, 2014, 12:16:22 PM
Quote from: Not_Asking_Much on September 16, 2014, 10:54:54 AM
I think we should feel honoured to have these superior beings amongst us. The Arboleas forum has many of them – we are fortunate.
They never make a mistake, so we have the perfect opportunity of learning from their words.
We cannot hope to reach their level of course, but surely we should all aspire to be so perfect?
A rather pointless post that says more about the poster perhaps?! ???  ::)

Nope. Just tired of people who have to live in the schoolyard all the time. (as clearly other posters are here)

Don't you think the boaster posters' pointless posts say more about them then? (plenty to choose from!)

Intelligent discussion and positive help is what is needed, not boasting about how insecure clever you are.  :whistle:

:clap:   All these clever clogs give me indigestion. 

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: bobthelook on September 16, 2014, 12:16:22 PM
I think we should feel honoured to have these superior beings amongst us. The Arboleas forum has many of them – we are fortunate.
They never make a mistake, so we have the perfect opportunity of learning from their words.
We cannot hope to reach their level of course, but surely we should all aspire to be so perfect?

Nope. Just tired of people who have to live in the schoolyard all the time. (as clearly other posters are here)

Don't you think the boaster posters' pointless posts say more about them then? (plenty to choose from!)

Intelligent discussion and positive help is what is needed, not boasting about how insecure clever you are.  :whistle:

nibbler

Went through the works twice yesterday both ways. Can't see a problem. Anyone with a modicum of common sense and driving ability should be able to cope.
Nibbler :tiphat:

bobthelook

Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

Babyboomer

Quote from: pd91223 on September 16, 2014, 10:30:52 AM
In UK at the moment, but due back soon. How do you get from the dual carriageway to El Prado & La Perla? Someone said that the old ("temporarily" put in and eventually tarmac'd about 3 years ago) link road had been removed!

Road and link is still there. They have cut it at the end of the industrial estate where they are cutting a slip road from the industrial estate do.wn to the roundabout.
If you send me a PM with you email address I can send you the road plan as designed.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Not_Asking_Much

pd91223

In UK at the moment, but due back soon. How do you get from the dual carriageway to El Prado & La Perla? Someone said that the old ("temporarily" put in and eventually tarmac'd about 3 years ago) link road had been removed!

ianandsue

Quote from: RedEyes on September 14, 2014, 05:28:08 AM
Quote from: ian and sue on September 13, 2014, 13:18:48 PM
For goodness sake - it's a work in progress and they have had to change the road layout so that they can complete the work.

No argument there, but I don't see why that should excuse the incredibly poor signage.

As the whether they will now actually complete the work, or if this is another 'permanent diversion' for the next few years, only time will tell.

We went through the diversion without a problem, but then again I have driven in all sorts of places all over the world and tend to be on 'full alert' when roadworks are going on, however I have to say that the sign that said 'carretera cortada' gave me a BIG clue. 
Let's be pleased that work has started again, and we can only hope the money lasts long enough for it to be completed this time.

RedEyes

Quote from: Cheese on September 14, 2014, 21:25:38 PM
Just how long have some of you guys been driving, not long by the posts.

I don't see what that has to do with it?  I could see how the whole thing could easily confuse someone, no matter how long they have been driving.

cougar

Costs me an extra litre of fuel going around the roundabouts to ge to Albox and back

Cheese

Just how long have some of you guys been driving, not long by the posts.
Regards
Dave
Ps drive safe.

make-space

byrney

Agree Redeyes, but it's still better than the old "permanent diversion", so happy days - and I managed to follow the signs yesterday without almost falling off a cliff!

RedEyes

Quote from: ian and sue on September 13, 2014, 13:18:48 PM
For goodness sake - it's a work in progress and they have had to change the road layout so that they can complete the work.

No argument there, but I don't see why that should excuse the incredibly poor signage.

As the whether they will now actually complete the work, or if this is another 'permanent diversion' for the next few years, only time will tell.

ajc

its better than having to drive through pompey !

Crystal2

The road works people are damned if they do and damned if they don't  !!

Peter and Frances

Well said ian & sue talk about winging what do people expect, that it will be completed overnight  lets be greatfull it is being completed

Pompey Blue

If you have ever been unfortunate enough to go through Basingstoke in Hampshire, this new temporary arrangement on the
'Arboleas Bypass' is a walk in the park.   
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

Rod

Went to the Los Lanos market this morning. Needing to return to Albox and not having been near the new layout I approached it with care. Total lack of signs to get back to Albox. You have to take the Huercal Overa sign to get back to Albox, very confusing. Two artics were doing a U turn up by the fontanaria as they had gone straight on. A few large handwritten signs would have helped.

ianandsue

Lets just be grateful they are getting it done now...loads of posters were moaning because nothing was happening and now they are moaning and work has restarted.....

RedEyes

Quote from: nibbler on September 13, 2014, 07:55:38 AM
RedEyes. I think it will be a huge improvement when the whole project is complete.

So it should be, but the current half-baked diversion is more confusing now than before.

Karen4

Should it not be called the Arboleas bypass?  :lol:
Cl3880

Peter and Frances

I agree nibbler and it will improve the look of the area.

nibbler

RedEyes. I think it will be a huge improvement when the whole project is complete.