Genesis.....when they were good

Started by owdoggy, July 25, 2014, 19:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nic.spato

"Me I'm just a lawnmower, you can tell by the way I walk".........now you don't hear lyrics like that any more !!!  :rofl:

Elle1971

I'm a bit young for the original lineup... so only really experienced Peter Gabriel as a solo artist.... and Genesis with Phil Collins. I quite liked them, but would always get lynched when I said that. To be fair I was more into Pink Floyd at the time anyway.

I love how hearing a song can transport us back somewhere so easily though.

Elle x
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

owdoggy

Ah, Nursery Cryme, one of my all time fave albums.

It's strange but apart from the band I was in that did original stuff way back in the 80's (both albums re-released on CD in the states last year & available on Amazon, iTunes, Spotify et al. ...........end of plug :lol: ) every time I gig I need. if only for a comfort, my lyric sheets even for songs I've been playing for donkey's years & yet I'm word perfect on the whole of Nursery Cryme without any help at all.

Maybe I should start a Genesis tribute band. :clap:

Doggy

brf

alfie

Saw them at Colchester Corn Exchange about 1972 [I think] with Peter Gabrielle dressed up as a flower. [You had to be there !] Seems like a long, long time ago. I wish I had kept hold of the early LPs -  especially Nursery Cryme. Of course, once Phil Collins got the lead vocals it was never the same.     

astraltraveler

I grew up with Genesis,  defiantly at there best.  8)
Astral

owdoggy

I don't suppose this will go down very well on here (apart us select few.......you know who you are :tiphat:) but this is a big part of my musical heritage. :clap:

These guys were a big influence on me, and still are. Yeah, I know, I'm a washed up sad old rocker, but it's so good to find an enhanced version.

http://youtu.be/_FBcz3tBH74

Doggy

p.s. right, you can all get back to the mundane now. ;)