fresh spices/herbs

Started by johnhc, January 20, 2015, 16:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfore

I bought fresh ginger from Lidl in Huercal Overa yesterday.

roboman

There is a halal butcher just off San Francisco square in Albox who stocks lots of dried spice like black cardamons, jeera ,coconut , ect, if you want anything specific I,m sure he would get it for you.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

hurlez

Rizos in Albox near Mercadona  sell boxes of fresh green birds eye chillies but they are expensive.
I buy a box and freeze them whole,take a couple out when needed, they chop really easily when frozen .
The taste is no different when they have been frozen still very hot. They also sell fresh ginger, you can just break a small piece off so you are not wasting money having to buy a box full.

Karen4

All of those are usually available in Mercadona, though what we don't grow we usually buy from the markets for next to nothing.
Cl3880

shegra

I have bought all three you mentioned at the Tuesday market in Albox - although not from the same stall!

cliff

Rizos, just up the road (Towards town) from Mercadona.
Al

Lynne

Try Girosol - they sell a lot of herbs and spices.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

AndaLuz

I found fresh ginger in Mercadona a few days ago. Package was a small square flat container, location among the fresh vegetables.

johnhc

Anyone know where you can get the above. Things like chillies, coriander,  ginger etc. in the Arboleas/Albox area.
like to make home made curries and can't remember seeing any of these in Mercodona or Lidl.
Thanks in advance.