Is It Time to give All UK street Bobbys Hand guns

Started by Tetley, January 09, 2015, 08:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEyes

Quote from: doreen1 on January 09, 2015, 08:14:07 AM
I think yes they should be armed, but this needs to go hand in hand with gun laws.

Following the Hungerford and Dunblane incidents, the UK already has highly restrictive gun law.  Virtually all the guns involved with crime are illegal, arming the police will only serve to increase the number of illegal weapons on the street and encourage their wider use.

Two other things to bear in mind,  Quite a large section of the police regularly carry guns, you only have to visit an airport to see this.  Also, the proposal make the assumption that every policeman is psychologically fit enough to carry a firearm ... and I would hazard the opinion that many are not.

King saint 76

Yes ,it is now time to arm our police..   the world has changed over the last 15 years.

Karen4

In part of the UK the police are already armed, and have been for a very long time - in Northern Ireland.
Cl3880

zilnor

LisaD

Yes, definitely.

And stop the exhaustive and expensive enquiries (inquiries?) if they do actually kill someone who is a proven criminal/terrorist etc.

zilnor

I would not have agreed ten years ago, but I do now. The police need protection from murdering scum, and the villains carry guns anyway.

doreen1

I think yes they should be armed, but this needs to go hand in hand with gun laws.

RedEyes

My view is NO.  This would only result in even more criminals carrying weapons. 

Tetley

Given the Manchester Police shootings of the WPC,S and now the events in Paris

is it Time to Arm UK  Bobbys on the beat as standard ?

my veiw is yes .

morning citizens   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol