Another new bar for Albox.

Started by King saint 76, February 22, 2015, 13:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patpat

Went with friends last night and enjoyed a great meal,not to mention the home made deserts YUM YUM. Early days yet but credit where credits due. Well done to you all. :)

macc

Quote from: patsue7 on March 02, 2015, 13:43:02 PM
Karen4,Did you mean British,not English,or are you having a pop at the English. ??? ???
Quote from: patsue7 on March 02, 2015, 14:21:42 PM
Karen 4,I do not recollect posting anything or anytime about our Northern neighbours. :handshake
Quote from: Karen4 on March 02, 2015, 18:21:25 PM
http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=90316.msg483174#msg483174
Pannica,the best thing that comes out of Jockland is the road to England !!!

I know it was only a joke, believe me, I am blonde, female and Irish and have heard them all, or nearly all!  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

CT

I know nothing about the economics of running a bar, I only drink in 'em but is there a limit to how many bars Albox can support ?

Karen4

No red hair I'm afraid!  :lol:
Cl3880

rt21

Quote from: Karen4 on March 02, 2015, 18:21:25 PM

I know it was only a joke, believe me, I am blonde, female and Irish and have heard them all, or nearly all!  :lol:

Always had an image of you having red hair Karen. I have no idea why  ;)

Richard

Karen4

Cl3880

patsue7

Karen 4,I do not recollect posting anything or anytime about our Northern neighbours. :handshake

Karen4

It's not me having a pop at anyone! I stated that according to both English and Spanish bar owners this seems to be the case. When I say "English" I mean "English", unlike many people who say things like "the English national anthem", or, "the Queen of England". However what was told to us was as I stated in my previous post.
I hope the new bar does very well, by all accounts the food is great and so is the service. Good luck with the new venture and we'll be in to enjoy it too!  :clap:
PS...don't you go having any more "pops" at the Scots now!
Cl3880

patsue7

Karen4,Did you mean British,not English,or are you having a pop at the English. ??? ???

felipe

Copied from their advert thread.
We will be getting a landline put in.  If you wish to make a booking please feel free to ring 690 185 718

BassBunny

shadeseeker

Hi I want to book for next Sunday roast but there is no tel number. Looked in free paper but the advert has no contact details so I have just driven down to the bar but it was closed and again no contact details,
HELP please
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Talking Heads

Popped in last night and sampled the free food!
Great venue and wish the No6 team all the best of luck with the new venture.

Will be going back.

Steve
DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

JohnJones

I wish them luck, but will give it a miss on Friday.The beer battered fish and chips sounds good. Is it cod may I ask?  :tiphat:

And why seek to ridicule someone asking about Disabled access? It's only been EU law for 15 years, but rarely enforced. If your partner was in a wheel chair would you not want to know that the bathroom was accessible to them?  :tiphat:

pepe

You know the old one got to go and feed the Dogs what at 10 o clock .

crawdaddy

Let's face it.

A new place is opening and people are gonna go for freebies..............try the place out................see what the staff are like...............and many other reasons.

My reason would be ....................a mix of all of the above, knowing it is not too far from getting back  home.  :clap:

Lizzie1201

Why not make everyone that stuffs their faces put a donation into a charity box.just a thought.

Talking Heads

Well I'm only going for the free food and beverages. LOL

Steve

DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

pepe

If you have a Buffet open it at Ten the Brits will turn up and pile there plates high and then leave and some dont even buy a drink or have Water . :drinks:

Karen4

It's traditional in Spanish bars, that's why it's also done now in non-Spanish bars too. Hmm...
Cl3880

Crystal2

It isn't necessary to give free food and drink  on the opening night when all and sundry will turn up. It doesn't ensure future clients   Just give  VIP tickets to the people you knowwho will  give you custom in the future.

Karen4

That always seems to happen, Ken, and, according to both English and Spanish owners, apparently it always seems to be the English who turn up in vast hordes for the free food and drink!  :lol:
Cl3880

ken

No doubts the usual free loaders will be attending the opening.never to be seen again.
Only the living suffer

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on February 24, 2015, 09:20:56 AM
Yeah, it can land on the waste ground near the rambla.  But the car park attendant needs to move a few cars first. So get them to call ahead. :)

;D
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

Yeah, it can land on the waste ground near the rambla.  But the car park attendant needs to move a few cars first. So get them to call ahead. :)

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on February 24, 2015, 08:25:27 AM
The toilets have wheelchair access. A ramp is due to be fitted for the entrance to the restaurant if it has not already been done.

Phil
do they have a helicopter landing area & bus parking ,just in case Albox is swamped with a load of Japanese tourists over lunch time   ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

The toilets have wheelchair access. A ramp is due to be fitted for the entrance to the restaurant if it has not already been done.

globetrotter

Something that came up when I was telling somebody about this, does the venue have wheelchair access? Are the toilets big enough for a wheelchair?
A friend is not able to go to a number of places because they are not disabled friendly.

timc400

You wouldn't happen to be a Prisoner fan or is it just boringly the street number?

pepe

We need a decent eating place in Albox well done and good luck . :tiphat:

King saint 76

Quote from: felipe on February 22, 2015, 14:28:04 PM
They have already posted earlier today in the entertainment section with an invitation. It is NOT a pizzeria. It is also not only Justine and Andrew but also friends of theirs working at it together.
Calm down Phil, it is only what people have heard ... no big deal

Nippy

Good luck to Justine and Andrew. Hope it all goes well.

felipe

They have already posted earlier today in the entertainment section with an invitation. It is NOT a pizzeria. It is also not only Justine and Andrew but also friends of theirs working at it together.

Optomist

Andrew from The Bull and his wife Justin are involved and we wish them all every success , they deserve it .  :tiphat:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

lesinalbox