Tyre for wheelbarrow

Started by cliff, March 05, 2015, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff

Ta John & Julie, no prob fitting a new tyre, I used to do it for a living (Many years ago), the tube is OK, it's the tyre that's knackered.
Al
p.s. Ta for the "Pile" advice, so far my Sphincter copes OK.lol

John n Julie

I would not buy a solid one but horses for courses, as for the new wheels you do get it already inflated and a new inner tube! and unless you have tyre levers, and of course the chances are you might nip the tube so you would need a puncture outfit to take off and fit a new tyre.
IMHO I would just by a new complete item then you always have the spare tube to fall back onto. or inflate it and use it as a pile cushion .lol
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

cliff

rt21.
DO NOT buy a solid one, they are a problem wheeling over rough ground. I have one on another wheel barrow. The cost of a new wheel is €20 euros at the Fereteria on the left as you leave Albox, opposite the timber yard. I shall try Longos mañana.
If a tyre is less than €10 euros then that's a better deal.
Al

rt21

Quote from: John n Julie on March 05, 2015, 13:02:21 PM
Longos etc! New wheel complete 15 euros, not worth playing around with, either solid or hard types available
Regards
John

John

A solid tyre on the face of it seems a better choice than an inflatable one. Do you know whether there is a downside to a solid one ?

I also need to replace my tyre when I am next over

:tiphat:

Richard

John n Julie

Longos etc! New wheel complete 15 euros, not worth playing around with, either solid or hard types available
Regards
John
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

cliff

Hi, any ideas where is the best place/deal to buy a tyre for a wheelbarrow.
Cheers.
Al.