Something to seal pool skimmer case

Started by lorca lad, April 12, 2015, 17:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Villain

lindablyth32

Thanks for that could you tell me what it's called and where I could buy it please.

Regards

Ian

lindablyth32

There is also a rubberized paint. It will fill large gaps and is flexible. It has a ten yr gaurantee.

Senior Villain

Hi LL
I have a similar problem as you, have you tried the product recommended and find out the Spanish name? would be interested in hearing of your experience in this repair.

Regards

Ian 

Lizzie1201

lorca lad

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I will try Estacion first as that is closer to me.

Where is the One stop pool shop please.

Regards
L.L.

Dave and Sue

Lorca Lad   The ferrets in "Estacion "have this sorry cant remember the name of it.
                Explain its for in a skimmer and they will know the product

Regards Dave    :tiphat:
Still living the dream after 20 years

mickmatthews

Don't know if the 'stuff' you are thinking of is Prately Putty, but this is a two pack product that can be used and sets underwater. Get it from one stop pool shop.

lorca lad

Hi,

I have been losing about half a tile depth of water a day from my pool, despite having a summer cover on. I have now found a crack/split at the bottom of one of the skimmer cylinders (under the basket). Not sure if this is the cause of the loss, but obviously, I want to repair the damage. It does seem to be a big loss per day through this crack !!

Does anyone know of a resin type product that can be used for this and also, where can I buy it.

In the UK I could get a 2 pack epoxy product that had to be mixed together, but I have not seen this here.

Obviously, it has to be waterproof as it will be at the bottom of the skimmer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards
L.L.