Sound recording

Started by mickey spillane, June 08, 2015, 16:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Quote from: mickey spillane on June 08, 2015, 17:41:38 PM
I use and have done for a few years now Ableton. I am a beta tester for them but I have recently got a copy of Cubase 8Pro
My system is a Mac, Tascam US600 interface, zoom 24, with a Rode Condenser mic and various instruments. Gibson LesPaul, Epiphone Bass with various amps Fender etc

I am having trouble setting up the mic with a backing track and want to be able to hear both using the onboard sound card on the Mac. Seems to be impossible.

I record quite a bit using Ableton and don't have problems but Cubase seems to be impossible to set up with what I have. Perhaps it would be better to com by email rather than fill this forum up.
Sorry mate, I can't help you with that one.
One thing I found when I had a problem was that if you used google it would invariably point you towards the numerous forums and there was usually someone on them who was asking the same question ....... just a thought.

I used to use a dedicated studio computer based system running Calkwalk which was brilliant when everything was hunky dory but found I was spending more & more time battling with the technology. When that went phut I got the Zoom R24 which I set up as a DAW using Cubase but found the same thing so now I've gone a bit Luddite and just "plug in & play" using the R24 and am a much happier puppy (puppy?..... listen to me!) for it ........ now I've got my head round the loop based recording system.

Hope you get sorted marra.

Doggy

mickey spillane

I use and have done for a few years now Ableton. I am a beta tester for them but I have recently got a copy of Cubase 8Pro
My system is a Mac, Tascam US600 interface, zoom 24, with a Rode Condenser mic and various instruments. Gibson LesPaul, Epiphone Bass with various amps Fender etc

I am having trouble setting up the mic with a backing track and want to be able to hear both using the onboard sound card on the Mac. Seems to be impossible.

I record quite a bit using Ableton and don't have problems but Cubase seems to be impossible to set up with what I have. Perhaps it would be better to com by email rather than fill this forum up.

owdoggy

Quote from: mickey spillane on June 08, 2015, 16:32:48 PM
Does any one have experience at all with Cubase sound recording software??

Just a little (not a fan to be honest). What's up?

Doggy

mickey spillane

Does any one have experience at all with Cubase sound recording software??