Stained swimming pool

Started by sunflowers, July 23, 2015, 16:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hank

Hi. Have a look at the thread,      Dusty Sandy patches in pool,    in general chatter. May be of use. H.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

phileas fogg

Brown parches in the grouting and on tiles is usually caused by debris in the pool, mostly leaves which if left causes the grouting and tiles to stain, most find this when removing pool cover over winter or is leaves are left in pool. To clean first vacuum all of pool and find areas which are stained. Take a pool brush and rub over infected areas hard, this normally will remove the brown stain, failing this do not empty the pool, give Mark of pool medics a ring he has diving equipment and can clean underwater stains much faster that any other Google pool cleaners that are around here. Applying chemicals can cause problems with the pool water and stop you swimming for days, which no one wants in this heat
Dust from failing to clean pool in the corners also causes brown stains. A disaster not at all.

sunflowers

Quote from: tandas on July 24, 2015, 16:17:27 PM
This is caused by Algae you can sprinkle chlorine granules on the patches if you can and it might remove it.  May need to clean whole pool.
I guess that would involve emptying the pool - is that correct?  Would a strong dose of algicide work?

tandas

This is caused by Algae you can sprinkle chlorine granules on the patches if you can and it might remove it.  May need to clean whole pool.

sunflowers

Please can anyone give me some advice?
The bottom of my tiled swimming pool is very badly stained-big brown patches
Not sure what caused it possibly the PH was too high or it might be cal? Any advice on how to remove them would be very appresiated
Thank you