Main Menu

Bolton Survival

Started by Bolton, September 17, 2019, 15:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

YES,YES,YES, we have finally managed it our first win at home, three points in the bag . And we saved a penalty this is the same goalkeeper that was to blame for two early goals in the last game, looks like the word the manager had with him worked , now lads lets keep this going till the end of the season and we might just get that promotion that everybody said we would get. Luton Orient away om saturday now this is a tough one the O's are playing well, I will be happy with a point!!

Johnny73

Well eh up you did good there lad.
Well done👏👏👏

Bolton

We have a tough draw in the FA Cup, Crewe Alexander at home so we should give them a game at least.

Bolton

Yes Biggin your right, reading the write up and the Bosses comments we should of won the game, we just had to give them a goal start, we also had one disallowed for off side but not a lot of people agreed with the ref or linesman. But things are looking up as we now move up to 18th in the league and remember Cambridge were top of the league till they played us, could we be on our way as it seems he has finally got it right But this is what I have always stressed a point or more away from home and win your home matches. I keep my fingers crossed. Our next one is Bradford at home on Tuesday , stay tuned and look for a report.

Biggin

Good result for our Bolton today with a draw away from home against Cambridge

Bolton

No Biggin not a good result for Bolton, but we got our own back with a last minute goal in mid-week against Barrow to finish 3-3 but we did give them a two goal start after 4mins of which our manager was not best pleased . But he loved the fight back of which he said he is looking for more of that fight in future games. Must admit I would like to see more fight in them rather than give the opponents a start and not really start playing until after 30mins. Well lets see what happens on
saturday only trouble is we are playing the league leaders and I can't see them giving us much of a chance.

Biggin

Yes Stan I was watching Gillette soccer Saturday and watching the results com in and I thought well at least they have a point until right at the death Oldham scored not a good result for Bolton and now I think their objective has to be avoiding relegation

Bolton

Well what can I say I'm gobsmacked, I just could not believe it after warning his players not to take them lightly and don't under estimate them , Oldham win with a last minute goal which if I remember rightly we had a habit of doing that years ago. So we drop down to 20th in the league and promotion is beginning to look a long way off .They scored first and I thought well we will get one or more back and within four minutes we equalise so my hopes are on top form  but alas alack they do us in the last minute. Yes my wife had a good laugh and her son rang up to give me his ten pence worth. The way things are going I can't see IE lasting till Xmas. We play Barrow next, perhaps they will let us win as its his old club ( I don't think ) they will be out to give us a good hiding just like the rest of them in the league, we must look like an easy three points no wonder I'm suffering from PTSD.

Biggin

Quote from: Bolton on October 13, 2020, 14:36:54 PM
Well we didn't lose, but we didn't win either, when you have home matches you should win but then again a point is better than nothing. Playing at home should be a banker draw but until  he sorts his team out I will take what we can get , better than losing 6-1 or 7-2. He says he is after two more players to cover for injuries. Good match this weekend up at home to Oldham, could be blood spilt in our house as my wife comes from Oldham.

Stan not a good idea getting into a fight with the wife :laugh: if you win say nothing and just smile :grin: :grin: if you lose do nothing :(

Bolton

Well we didn't lose, but we didn't win either, when you have home matches you should win but then again a point is better than nothing. Playing at home should be a banker draw but until  he sorts his team out I will take what we can get , better than losing 6-1 or 7-2. He says he is after two more players to cover for injuries. Good match this weekend up at home to Oldham, could be blood spilt in our house as my wife comes from Oldham.

Bolton

Your right Biggin, just sobering up after a good celebration. Can this be the start of a long climb up the table ?  First of all we have got to carry on winning. But as I said he got rid of the fancy football and went back to basics, you can't beat it   They did make hard work of it ,wining 2-0 then letting them back into it and ending 2-1. I say to myself all my prayers were answered must go to church more often till we have promotion at least.
        Could of been worse I could of started watching   Utd lost 6-1 or worse yesterday Liverpool lost 7-2  I'll stick to Bolton.

Albert

Quote from: Biggin on October 03, 2020, 22:07:07 PM
Is this the start of the revival a 2-1 win away from home  ::) Stan will be a happy man tonight :grin: :grin:
It was a good win considering little Harrogate Town hadn't lost a match since gaining promotion from the non-league.
Six pointer next week against bottom of the league Grimsby Town.

Biggin

Is this the start of the revival a 2-1 win away from home  ::) Stan will be a happy man tonight :grin: :grin:

Bolton

Well he says he is going to have a good sweep of the team. Hope he has a good brush, doing away with the format that he has been trying to play and go back to good old fashioned football. Let see what happens. PS your are right Biggin don't support City I watched them on TV yesterday against Leicester and boy were they poor.

Albert

Fantastic 2-0 away win for Newport County at Bolton. That's exactly what County fans will be thinking. Another nail in the Wanderers coffin.

Biggin

I Feel for you Bolton its such a let down when good things were expected after today I would not bother being a City supporter :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bolton

I'm gutted, never in all of my sixty years of supporting Bolton have I known them to start so badly . It looked so promising with three good wins in friendlies, then the dice was rolled and we lost in two cup games and now in three league games worst of it is we haven't even scored a goal, yet he is supposed to have great centre forwards. I actually feel embarrassed at being a Bolton supporter. ( know how you feel Biggin when United go down hill) I keep telling myself why don't I follow City.
   Mr Evet can't last long at this rate I know a lot of supporters that will be knocking on the door wanting to lynch him before long, god forbid we end up in the non league next season. People keep saying they will become good , just glad I didn't put any money on them to win the league that's a pipe dream now. I'll go to bed and say my prayers every night until they get that first win or I'll settle for a draw at the moment!!!!!!!!

Albert

Bolton look doomed to me. Hope I'm wrong, but nothing is going right for them at the moment. Okay, it's early days things can change.
It's very worrying to see one of the historic greats of English football hovering above the dreaded drop.

Bolton

From what I have read Bolton dominated the game but switched off twice which cost us two goals against us. So it looks like we are having to win next time when we take on Newport County next saturday . We are now down to 21st in the table from 19th we have got to improve or the fans will be asking for Ian Evetts head on a block. Good job its early days lets keep praying that we can get that first win then maintain it every week. I say my prayers every night.

Biggin

Oh Stan how I feel for you another defeat going down 2-0 at Colchester :( :(

Bolton

My apologies to everyone there was no game for BWFC on Tuesday it was me I got my dates mixed up . But looking forward to todays game, lets see if we can kick off with three points at Colchester United.

Biggin

It's early days Bolton but a win at home is what you wanted to start with and starting with a loss does not do the confidence any good hopefully you get a result on Tuesday

Bolton

Well Biggin you said not a good start, didn.t need rocket science to work that out ,try it from my side as a supporter. I have been wanting a win like everyone wants a lottery win. That's three in a row all at home these are the games you are expected to win, we have another game on Tues again at home in the league but I am not holding my breath. its against Crewe Alex and we have already lost to them in a friendly. Our manager says that it takes time for the players to gel hope he realises that there are only so many games in a season, he keeps extoling the fact that his great find of a centre forward will score over 20 goals this season, well he had better start soon. Otherwise it won't be long before they will be shouting for Evetts head on a block plus 7000 refunded season tickets won't go down very well. You could say that I am a bit harsh but as the Bookies have us down for taking the title at 6/1 and we sit at 19th after the first match not looking to good.

Biggin

Oh Our Bolton not a good start for your team losing 0-1 at home to Forest Green so Its the 1st game now need to improve

Bolton

Well a bit to report, we now have 17 members on our playing staff, all I say is he must know what he's doing. Just wish it had shown on the pitch yesterday. I really thought we would of beaten Bradford but alas alak not to be done and going off the match report a lot of arse's to be kicked and to ensure they pick up speed. Don't have 10 or so touches before you pass the ball  ( just like England , step it up a bit and pass sooner) move the ball faster by the time you get round to it they have everyone behind the ball. Come on its not rocket science. Lets see what happens on Tuesday as we play Crewe Alex at home again. so home advantage, fingers crossed.

Bolton

Update on season ticket sales, now reached  7000 not bad for a second division club.

Biggin

Not Far away now Stan hope you are ready for Predict A Score

Bolton

Forgot to add on my last blog that Bolton have sold 6000 season tickets, not bad for a club in the second division. Just hope that the manager delivers or there will be a lot of people asking for there money back. Roll on 12th sept for the start of the new season.

Bolton

Oh Dear, what can I say, two defeats, Wigan lost 5-1, and now Crewe Alex 3-0 again. All I can say is that he must be chopping and changing the team around. I do know that in the Wigan game he did play a load of kids, giving them a run out to see what they could do. He did say that if they didn't give him 100% he would be looking elsewhere.
     The next test is the Caraboa cup v Bradford this will give us a good bench mark win or lose, hopefully win.

Cartron

I love your posts , your optimism and plans for the future .
If the new boss and all the staff and supporters are of the same mind you will be
up there at the top table sooner rather than later.
All the best and I will look at your results with interest. ⚽⚽⚽

Bolton

We had another friendly against Accrington Stanley and yes another win but only 3-0 this time. But it keeps the smiles on the players faces and the supporters think its great. Shame about Michael Politic his injury is going to keep him out all season and he was one of our best and up and coming players from the youth teams .Lets hope the backroom boys can get him back to how he was. I've down loaded my copy of Bolton's fixtures and they are there pinned up ready for me to follow, so I will have to keep notes on how they perform, tally of the points and position ,etc.

Bolton

Hi everyone, season getting closer. Fixtures now out for all teams can't wait to read and inwardly digest how they will turn out. Noting my own predictions on the scores. Last season it was just a case of how many we would lose by. But this new manager seems to have his head screwed on OK. The Sky sports Bookies have us down  for 6/1 to win the league along with Salford City and Tranmere at 7/1 so things are looking good and we haven't kicked a ball yet.

Bolton

Yes thick and fast not sure if its 14 or 15 now . never known it at Bolton. Now. We have played a few pre season matches  and scored more goals than we did all last season good wins  6-0 7-0 and another 6-0 admittedly these where lower teams but all he wanted to do was check out the system that he's trying out next season. We have got at least one much stronger team lined up for a pre season friendly and that's Blackburn Rovers which I think will give us a good test win or lose.
       Going off what the players say in the local news paper they are going for promotion, nothing less, roll on the start to the season.

Bolton

They are coming thick and fast, our manager Mr Evatt has now signed 10 players a mixture of contracted and loan players , of course some are very young lads but he knows them and assures they will give us a game. One or two say they want to be number one at the club plus one is a goalkeeper. Role on the start of the league.

Bolton

We now have another player this one is a loan player from Blackburn hopefully a good young defender, Tom Smith?