ENERGY CERTIFICATE

Started by Zebs, October 25, 2017, 16:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebs

We've actually booked with Antonio from Martinez de la Casa.  He was so helpful and pleasant when we called him and as you say, his English is very good.

caza1tooth

We used Martinez de la casa a couple of years ago and his price is still the same.  The property sold with no problem.  A very professional service and nice gent too with excellent English.

Lancashire lad

At least your estate agent is following the rules on obtaining an EPC ...many don't even though it is required by law.

Zebs

Thanks for all the recommendations.  I now have an appointment booked for the certificate to be done.  It does seem a very pointless exercise for a Spanish house with no central heating, although we do have cavity wall insulation, gas fire and heat function on the aircon units.  It's another one of those 'legal requirements' that is senseless but you have to comply to be able to sell.  It's one of many questionable costs attached to selling a property. 

ajc

My place has insulation and vapour barrier under oversite concrete , cavity walls with insulation , roof insulation so some Spanish houses
do have insulation , but i dont have an energy certificate for it yet , i also dont have air con because its a cool house in the summer,
My Soanish architect freind couldnt get his head round the fact insulation works both ways.

Lynden

I know that it's the law to have one of these but are they worth the paper they are written on?
How do you judge the energy efficiency of a Spanish Villa.
Roof insulation....No
Cavity wall insulation ....No
Central heating with efficient gas combined boiler No....
I'd love to know what the ratings are.

I'm not just knocking Spanish property either.
2 properties on the same street in UK.
4 bed 1930's detached house, large, draughty and with huge gas bills, gets the same rating as a 1960 2 bed detached bungalow with new windows, doors, super insulated and with low energy lighting etc.........go figure.

Rtis

It is in the local euro weekly, Martinez de la casa, speaks good english and cost 120 euros.

gingernut

Queen Shirley can you send me details as well please.

Queen Clare Shirley

ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Zebs

Can anyone recommend someone who speaks English to prepare an energy certificate for us?  Also an indication of cost.  Thanks.