Lee Child Jack Reacher and the movie

Started by felipe, September 19, 2012, 08:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveconway24

I thought Vin Diesel would have made a good Reacher. Denzil Washington should have played Alex Cross form the James Patterson novels, not Morgan Freeman.

chummy

Quote from: CT on September 19, 2012, 08:59:39 AM
Diana Princess of Wales was significantly taller than Prince Charles which is why she never wore high heels when they were out together.
[/onlyone word sums you up PASS.quote]

Crystal2

I always imagined Jack Reacher to be something like Denzil Washington.  As he was in the Man on Fire film when he played Creasy.

sallyb

Exactly the comments my husband and I made, in his latest book Reacher is described as:-

He was huge, one of the largest men she had ever seen outside the NFL. He was extremely tall, extremely broad and long armed and long legged.
His neck was thick and his hands were the size of dinner plates. Does this sound like Tom Cruise I think not.
Phyll

Pompey Blue

Quote from: Marshied on September 19, 2012, 09:18:14 AM
CT:  what has that got to do with Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher for goodness sake.  I really don't know why I bother looking at this forum sometimes the amount of garbage that gets put on here.  As Felipe is often saying - KEEP TO THE TOPIC

Well said Marshied, couldn't agree more, and most are sadly lacking in English grammar and spelling. Tin hat time?????
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

claire23

CT what has this got to do with the topic.

Even with inserts and boxes Cruise will come nowhere near to my graphic image of the rugged hulk that is Reacher. Yummy I like a bit of rough :):):)

Marshied

CT:  what has that got to do with Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher for goodness sake.  I really don't know why I bother looking at this forum sometimes the amount of garbage that gets put on here.  As Felipe is often saying - KEEP TO THE TOPIC

CT

Diana Princess of Wales was significantly taller than Prince Charles which is why she never wore high heels when they were out together.

Albondigas

Quote from: felipe on September 19, 2012, 08:35:36 AM
I see the film with Jack Reacher, Lee Child's character from his books is being released in December.  But can someone please explain how the midget that is Tom Cruise can possibly play the part of a 6ft 5in big strapping geezer that was once a Military Policeman? We shall wait with baited breath :)

Lifts in his shoes - he uses them for every film

He also stands on a box for close ups with his leading lady so that he looks taller - bless him

jarick

Me to. Would spoil my enjoyment of the books to much. Don't think we will rush to see it. If they treat it like they did Clive Cusslers SAHARA then a definate no.
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished. - Benjamin Franklin

Act  silly - it makes your brain cells giggle!

felipe

I see the film with Jack Reacher, Lee Child's character from his books is being released in December.  But can someone please explain how the midget that is Tom Cruise can possibly play the part of a 6ft 5in big strapping geezer that was once a Military Policeman? We shall wait with baited breath :)