''CONVICTED RAPIST CHED EVANS TO SIGN FOR OLDHAM''

Started by CT, January 04, 2015, 15:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

zilnor

According to the legal experts involved, evidence suggests that the girl was not drunk enough to  be unaware of what was happening.
If she states that she cannot remember having sex because she was too drunk,  then how does she know that sexual activities or rape took place ?

hurlez

The girl States she doesn't recall having sex with either man as she was too drunk.

cordoba

Just had another thought on this case, If Prince Andrew is found guilty of having sex with an underage girl will he be allowed to carry on with is job after serving his sentence?

cordoba

Was the girl in question not to drunk to have consensual sex with the first guy and was he accused of rape by her?

Chucky

Thanks for info penfold that makes it clear now
I found this on net https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

And after reading this I think both men should of been convicted but certainly ched deserves what he got if not more

Chucky

There is one fact about this case that I find really quite odd
Ched was with this girl having sex in hotel room but was then joined by a another footballer who also had sex with this girl , so two men had sex with this girl and one is found not guilty of rape and one is found guilty
How does this workout ?
She consented to the second man but not the 1st ?
There was obviously more to this case than you think

pepe

Yeh Pentonville is nice this time of the year all inclusive after all that is where he should be life for Rape .

CT

The Sun reports that Evans has had to postpone his wedding because under the terms of his licence he will not be able to travel abroad for ''a luxury honeymoon.'' I know plenty of places in the UK where you could honeymoon :tiphat:

zilnor

For goodness sake King Saint, stop trying to find racism in every posting. You seem to be obsessed with it.

King saint 76

Quote from: MELEE on January 09, 2015, 17:03:17 PM
Correct bobthelock -  :clap: :clap: :clap: what I don't understand about having to say a person is black not coloured is - you very rarely see anyone who is truly black - there is every shade of brown but black black ??

Quote from: MELEE on January 09, 2015, 17:11:31 PM
byrney - not the lookie lookie men with their Africa price  :rofl: :rofl: - I agree they wouldn't care what you called them and the ones I met were very nice - but in UK there are people who only look like they have a healthy tan and they call themselves black - I don't get it

What in god's name has this got to do with Ched Evans?  Are you trying to inject your racism into every thread?

CT

Hull manager Steve Bruce says Evans should be given the chance to play again (but he's not actually offering him a job !) - Daily Express

MELEE

byrney - not the lookie lookie men with their Africa price  :rofl: :rofl: - I agree they wouldn't care what you called them and the ones I met were very nice - but in UK there are people who only look like they have a healthy tan and they call themselves black - I don't get it

byrney

There's quite a few on the beach at Mojacar Melee - black as the Ace of Spades - and, if you happened to buy some of their high quality products I doubt they'd give a damn what you call them and they'd still give you a smile!

MELEE

Correct bobthelock -  :clap: :clap: :clap: what I don't understand about having to say a person is black not coloured is - you very rarely see anyone who is truly black - there is every shade of brown but black black ??

zilnor

bobthelook

Quote from: CT on January 09, 2015, 14:54:50 PM
I see Gordon Taylor of the PFA has had to issue a grovelling apology for likening Evans to the Hillsborough victims in an interview - with friends like that Evans doesn't really need enemies.
Well I saw that interview and to be fair he was merely making a valid point that not every situation is always as it seems i.e. the Hillsborough outcome has eventually been declared very different from that which was originally stated, and I suppose he was saying that the Ched situation may similarly  change (if his appeal is successful). He should not have had to issue a grovelling apology IMO. The Country is going mad with political correctness! Similarly, Alan Hansen felt he had to make a grovelling apology for calling a black player coloured - oh and so did George O'Grady in an interview defending Sergio Garcia. And then we have Dave Whelan Chairman of Wigan Athletic who reportedly said that at some point every Englishman had called a 'Chinaman a chink'. I think that for folk of a certain generation that is true and not said or meant in a derogatory way.
The 78-year-old is also alleged to have added that 'Jewish people chase money more than everybody else etc etc.   People are far too sensitive IMO,  none of these characters are racist - maybe a bit old fashioned  - but I have used similar words in the past - sometimes the world changes faster than we realise. They say coloured in the US and anyway why is black anymore of an accurate description? My son in law said recently that he was getting a chinky carryout  -not meant in a bad way -but I did tell him he had to sit on my Grand daughters naughty step - -  :whistle:
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

CT

I see Gordon Taylor of the PFA has had to issue a grovelling apology for likening Evans to the Hillsborough victims in an interview - with friends like that Evans doesn't really need enemies.

zilnor

There is a difference between a 14 year old girl being attacked ( she has my sympathies)  in a local park, and a 19 year old girl, an adult in law, getting drunk and going to a hotel with a man. The 14 year old in no way contributed to her dreadful experience, whereas it can be argued that the 19 year old was indeed old enough to know better.

inbetweeners

Hi, my friends are MASSIVE Sheffield supports.
Recently their daughter was attacked in their local park, she is 14.
She went through the pain of a court case and he was found guilty of attempted rape, and received a custodial sentence.
I asked them, if Evans was to be asked to play for their team, what would they do. They were ADAMANT that they would no longer support the club, and this is how it should be. Think of the victim, not this spoilt bloke who kicks a ball.

CT

The girlfriend and her father seem to have conveniently overlooked the fact that Evans cheated on her with the woman in the hotel :tiphat:

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

zilnor

All I have heard so far is, what if it was your daughter ?  Have you considered, what if it was your son ?
If it was my daughter, I would have said " you silly girl, getting drunk and then going to a hotel with a man. Are you sure but was really rape ? "
If it was my son, I would gave said " what on earth were you thinking  getting involved with a girl who had obviously had too much to drink, then going back to a hotel where she would be ?
Are you sure you are entirely innocent ?" There are always two sides to a story.IMO

King saint 76

Quote from: Senior Villain on January 08, 2015, 18:04:06 PM
Lee Hughes a professional footballer went out one evening got drunk drove his car and had a crash and killed another human being.  He was sent to prison and when released went on to play for Oldham Athletic no outcry no petitions!!  The wives and girlfriends of players at that time didnt pressure their partners not to play with Hughes who was clearly guilty of his offence.

My point is should we treat all convicted felons differently?? can one convict return to his former profession but another cant, how do we ensure that system is policed correctly? Having dealt with convicted felons for over 40 years how do people who try there hardest to get convicted prisoners homes and jobs whilst in prison on their release deal with a system where some can return some cant. 

Already people who abuse children can not return to professions which deal with children (quite rightly too) so to have many more differing regulations would be very difficult to enforce.

regards

Ian

Hughes was allowed back into football because he pleaded guilty and showed remorse i'd imagine.
Also he was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and sentenced to 6 years, he was never charged with drink driving. Although the prosecutor told the court Hughes had fled the scene to dodge a breath test. Might be the truth but never charged for it.

Zilnor  it was not possible rape, it was rape and until  the decision is overturned that what it remains.

pepe

It is not easy to get employment when you are on the Sex Register .

CT

The fundamental problem for many people is that he has shown no remorse for what was a very serious crime in fact he has tried to suggest it was all the fault of the woman in question.
I agree with penfold - he should quietly look for a job outside football where he would not attract publicity.

zilnor

Senior Villain, your post is thought provoking.
In my view, killing someone is a worse crime than a possible rape, where the girl concerned was silly enough to get drunk then go to a hotel with a man. IMO.

Senior Villain

Lee Hughes a professional footballer went out one evening got drunk drove his car and had a crash and killed another human being.  He was sent to prison and when released went on to play for Oldham Athletic no outcry no petitions!!  The wives and girlfriends of players at that time didnt pressure their partners not to play with Hughes who was clearly guilty of his offence.

My point is should we treat all convicted felons differently?? can one convict return to his former profession but another cant, how do we ensure that system is policed correctly? Having dealt with convicted felons for over 40 years how do people who try there hardest to get convicted prisoners homes and jobs whilst in prison on their release deal with a system where some can return some cant. 

Already people who abuse children can not return to professions which deal with children (quite rightly too) so to have many more differing regulations would be very difficult to enforce.

regards

Ian

CT

No doubt we will be going through all this again in a few months when another club decides they want to sign him - shouldn't the PFA be helping him to find a job outside football ?

King saint 76

Sandralos, if you do not want to contribute to this debate then thats ok.  Some like chatting about it.

sandralos

Please can this matter now be closed, and everyone got on with their own lives.  Thanks

King saint 76

Quote from: King saint 76 on January 08, 2015, 11:51:30 AM
Looks like it ain't happening..

Now confirmed, along with some sort of apology. A sorry for the affect the case has had on the girl..... not really an apology is it?

zilnor

Just heard on the lunch time news that Oldham won't take Ched Evans on, due to threat of withdrawal by sponsors and " threats to staff". If this is true, and Oldham has received threats against their staff, then those scumbags who have threatened the staff, are as bad as Ched Evans. ( if he is guilty) It is wrong to employ a convicted rapist, but it is ok to make threats against staff of a potential employer ? I do not think so  :head
This case should be a warning to all women not to get drunk and go off with a man /men. That way the men cannot take advantage and say they thought the girl was willing, and no rape charges will be brought . Simples !  :wave

keith77

Hi
How do the players at the club feel !
How would I feel if inside the club as I have a wife and three daughters as well as four sisters so rightly family would be paramount in the decision that I would make.
regards
Keith