Large Flower Jasmin Plant

Started by cactusqueen, June 21, 2015, 13:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arty choke

Just an afterthought............there would probably be more information in the gardening section!

arty choke

No not peppers,think a very small amount of washing up liquid,it did the job but if the wind suddenly caught it you ended up with a lovely fragrant waft of garlic on you! Also I plant cloves of garlic in the compost around the plant.

Karen4

Does it also use peppers? We make up one like that to combat the geranium moth. It's okay but sometimes you just want to nuke the beggars!
Cl3880

arty choke

I would be inclined to take an affected leaf to the local garden centre and get their advice,if they diagnose the cochineal beatle,I have a recipe to make your own spray,and its garlic based,not urine as previously suggested!

Karen4

Okay, I googled something like "jasmine yellow leaves sticky substance" and it turned up 324,000 results, so it would be easier to look it up yourself, even better than just relying on forum knowledge.
Cl3880

cactusqueen

This a serious problem and would like intelligent advice please

verwood

ok but can you make sure the container has a large neck

cactusqueen

We need 6 litres if we drop a container off can you fill it.

verwood

I remember reading somewhere that spraying it with urine helps

cactusqueen

I have a well established Large Flower Jasmin plant in a pot this year its cover in white sticky substance and alot of the leaves are turning yellow What do you think is up with it ? and what can I buy to get rid of this substance. Regards